HCGK's Survivor II: Movie Characters vs. Video Game Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for HCGK's Survivor II: Movie Characters vs. Video Game Characters

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sora
Admin
Sora

Challenge Ideas - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

I know. lol In the end, I figured, you know, that's the way it should be done and not have to reveal everything right away as it would spoil the game, but also do it in a way that I can still work around time restraints.

And yes, do let me know how that goes. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://mysterymcvsvgc.forumotion.com
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Yup, I agree. Too many hints and warnings spoils everything, lol. And, the Member Appreciation Night was great! I got to see alot of familiar faces, a ton of new faces, and everyone seemed to have a fun time. Also, I love the on-going challenge right now. It's awesome and such a great concept!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks! It wasn't the best in execution, but I figured it could still have been doable, so I went with it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

Ken, remember that twist you suggested I should employ for the end of the game? I just realized that if I did that, it wouldn't be fair on Yoshi because come Monday, he's going to be away for one and a half weeks. So I say we drop the twist and have a Final 3.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 am

Yup, I remember that twist and I wasn't sure if we were employing it or not. I'm fine with dropping it, especially for Yoshi being gone. Final 3 is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Hey! I wasn't sure what all you had planned for the final immunity challenge, so let me know if you already had something set up. If not, I was thinking we could do a "combination" challenge, where we take maybe two or three questions (or types of questions) from every previous immunity challenge and combine them into a full challenge. Obviously we wouldn't have the completely identical questions, but you know what I mean. Like we'd have a picture identification part, a YouTube video theme song part, my YouTube music challenge, your Mario Kart challenge, the Chain Reaction challenge, etc. for all of the challenges. I thought it'd be cool just to tie everything back together in the final challenge. I guess just let me know but I figured I'd pass my idea on to you!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 pm

That's actually what I was thinking. I have the remaining pictures I was going to use from the 4-team challenge that would be 1 part. See what you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Alright, awesome. It's cool that we're on the same page. I just got back from running some errands, so I'm going to have lunch and then I'll post what I've got. I'm thinking of having them link two specific words for the Chain Reaction part. Then giving them a category, like a rock song (it could be any rock song), that they have to find in a commercial and post those. Did you want to combine all the past challenges or just a few/couple of them?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:28 pm

I've got 4 combined: The Picture Finder Reward Challenge, Picture Identifier Challenge, the 6 Degrees Challenge, and the find the Youtube song thingy.

Sorry if I'm late. Sad I had to clean the house because my mom is expecting company and didn't bother to tell me until yesterday about it when the plans were made a week prior.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Ah, you're fine, lol. I know how things come up and all. So, do you have everything set up for the challenge? Or do you need me to help with something?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Could you get 1 or 2 more parts in by 5;30?
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Sure, I could do that. Even though it was controversial, maybe have them link the words "Dog" to the word "City", using any number of words that they want to? I mean, I'm not sure. I'm trying to think of other things that we could use. I really liked your "Survivor name spell a word" type challenge. Maybe have them spell out something like "Sora and Ken" or "Final Immunity Winner" with past Survivor players. How do those sound?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

They sound good, but I'm doing a point-based challenge because each part will be worth 50 points each, so you'd just need to divivde evenly.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Ah, okay. So, how should I divide the two challenges? I'm a little confused with that part
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Each challenge is worth 50 points each, so for each challenge, just figure out how you would divide 50. Example: If there are 10 questions in a challenge (or part of this Immunity Challenge), you give 5 points for each correct answer.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm

Ah, okay. I see what you mean. I unfortunately had to quick run out and I thought I'd be back in time to shoot them your way, but I wasn't. I do like what you have set up though. It looks like it'll be a close race, you know?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Hopefully, if everyone plays.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah, I hope so too. From when I've been on, I've seen Kirby and Sackboy only on. Hopefully Jill and Yoshi make an appearance too. And, since we kind of "lost" our blogger along the way, I just want to say that Sackboy surprised me today with the challenge (not that it's over yet though). I thought he kind of faded, but I guess he's not done fighting yet
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 pm

He was already kinda there, knowing who the player is. He's aggressive in challenges, which I've first seen in Isla Nublar and then again in Fans vs. Favorites, and is also why he got the invite.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Ah, okay. I think I might know who he is, based on one post that he made in his confessionals, lol. If it's who I think it is, then he is indeed a challenge beast.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 am

Wow..., I never would have expected this Final 3. I'm looking forward to the opening statements!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 am

I am too. Let everyone bring it on.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:40 am

Oh yeah! We've got to have a good finale to end on, lol. And, thank you for letting me co-host with you. I know that we had some ups and downs with the players and challenges, but it was a blast. If you ever need a co-host for a future game, just let me know, you're great to work with, Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks! You were a great one to work with as well, and I will keep you in mind should that need ever come. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks, Smile! We made a pretty great team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Challenge Ideas
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next