HCGK's Survivor II: Movie Characters vs. Video Game Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for HCGK's Survivor II: Movie Characters vs. Video Game Characters

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

Challenge Ideas - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Ah, true. And, wow, that does sound like good timing, lol.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am

I just want to say that I'm sorry again. Going into this challenge, I thought it was flawless, since everyone posted publicly (no time stamp issues), I laid out the rules, gave an example of a round and tried to account for everything. I thought it would have been fun to go through maybe six or seven rounds, instead of three. When I attempted to change it up and make it a "category" round or two, it was met with resistance, so I didn't against it. Do you have any recommendations for making/designing challenges? I want to be creative and new but clearly that's proving harder than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 am

Well, tomorrow, I'm doing a creative challenge, so they should be able to get that one.

What I usually do is I try to think to myself, if I were a player, could I be able to understand it and do it, and then if it sounds doable go through with it.

I saw the Tester round suggestion, and you have to think what challenges it could actually be well-suited for.

Even though I couldn't get your challenge first hand, you could always send me the rules to the challenge a few days beforehand so I have more time to review it and then I would send you how I would post the rules to the challenge.

Either way, it seems as if everyone from the Movie Tribe is trying to quit the game.
Back to top Go down
https://mysterymcvsvgc.forumotion.com
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 am

Okay, a creative challenge should be a good mixer and get everyone back into a normal groove. I am certainly going to take you up on that offer of sending you the challenge instructions beforehand so that you can proofread over them and let me know if it's good or bad. I never expected the reaction to be this...polarizing and I'm hoping everyone remains in the game and fights to get to the end
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 am

Neither did I, to be honest. I thought we could have created a fun challenge with that one, but alas, we got barked at like burglars in a dog-infested alleyway.

They should be able to get the next challenge no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 am

Quote :
but alas, we got barked at like burglars in a dog-infested alleyway.

That quote made my day, lol. And, yup, hopefully tomorrow runs well. You've got everyone lined up to judge, right? I could ask a couple people if you want more judges or anything like that, just let me know
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:40 am

Let's see, there's me, Dino, and Spooky, so I guess 1 more wouldn't hurt, but go with someone who already knows who you really are like Travis.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Ken, since this is a Creative Challenge I'm doing tonight, winner probably won't be announced until late Saturday night/ early Sunday morning. Do you want to host the next Tribal Council on Sunday, give whoever makes it to the Top 7 off, and then host Tuesday night's Challenge?
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I was actually thinking about Travis, lol. I'll run it by him and make sure he's fine with it. I'm sure he'd like to judge. And, sure, I'll be able to do all of things you described. Just to double check, there won't be a challenge Sunday night?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 pm

No challenge Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Okay, just checking. And, I posted in Week II. I felt like addressing the co-host thing and also describing in more detail our process of how we decide things. We've never edited posts here and everything is planned ahead of time. Hopefully things calm down from here but who knows, :S
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm hoping they do. Thanks for backing me up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 pm

No problem, I've got your back. I never expected that keeping my identity a secret would have caused such a stir. Do you think we should reveal it before the game is up or just stick with the original plan and show it after the game is done?
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:57 pm

I'd prefer sticking to the original plan of not revealing you till the episodes, but it's all up to you.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 pm

That's fine with me, I just wasn't sure about your take on it. I'm cool with waiting. And......

Lacey says:
Hey you!
Travis says:
heyyy lol. Im taking off for dinner soon how are things?
Lacey says:
Ah, okay. That's fine. I'm doing okay. And, I was actually going to ask if you could do me a favor?
Travis says:
i'll tryy yup whats up?
Lacey says:
Would you want to be a judge for Mark's mystery game? You would just have to judge submissions and send back comments/ratings. It wouldn't take too much time and you'd have majority of the weekend to do so
Travis says:
you bet! lol that sounds fun actually
be glad to help
aand i have to run to eat but then i will be back ok? but yup i'lll do fhat for sure
Lacey says:
Okay, cool. That's fine and I'll talk with you later. Have a good dinner!

We've got our fourth judge!
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Alright! I'll send him the submissions at 10 PM Eastern on Friday when I send them to Dino and Spooky.

By the way, what do you think of my new look?
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Alright, cool! That sounds like a good idea. And, I like the new avatar! It looks cool and it's more colorful than the previous one. I might have to change mine now, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks! I've actually liked this one more than my old avatar since before I picked the other one, but it wouldn't let me upload it. lol
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh wow..., that's weird that it wouldn't let you pick it earlier. I want to change mine, but I've grown attached to "Fort Pastor Gone No Help Coming", lol.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 pm

I have too. If you want, I can look up any other pictures of Ken you might like.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Sure, that'd work for me. I tried earlier, but there's not many options unfortunately. He didn't get too much screen time in Dawn of the Dead, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Okay, I'm on hiis page now. Here's what I can find:

Challenge Ideas - Page 7 35bhu74

Unfortunately, all the other ones I tried won't cooperate with me.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Oh man..., I like that one. It looks very cool and very Kenneth. When I Googled him earlier, I never saw that one.
Back to top Go down
Sora
Admin
Sora

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I found it by clicking on another one of his pics and this one came on the same page. lol
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Hall
Admin
Kenneth Hall

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Ah, very cool! Thank you very much for finding it and I like the change of scenery, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge Ideas   Challenge Ideas - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Challenge Ideas
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next